A simple idea of how Netflix could regain popular imagination: the shuffle button. This would bring the passive laziness that is so often associated with television watching into the on-demand world. Because staring at a screen with thousands of options of what to watch at any given time is too much pressure. You lose that willful ignorance of turning on the TV and being subjected to whatever the television gods dished out. Continue reading
More from Inverted Soapbox
- Just shut up and turn 30 already
- Frank Sinatra has a kale salad
- The current state of Williamsburg, in four easy posts
- Are you the Calvin and Hobbes generation?
- Declaring birthday bankruptcy
- Til death do us pun
- The addictions I have had or sorta almost had
- How is divorce still a thing?
- Favorite bro from last night’s RNC
- Extry, extry: The Daily News does 404 right
- Free idea for Netflix: Shuffle button
- Things that are better than episode recaps