Summertime in New York landed hard and flat on its feet this weekend, boiling out the late lingering doldrums of winter and flooding flea markets, outdoor bars and rooftops across the city with that sudden signature change of mood that comes in with an enlivening heat, reminding you of all the horizon-less options available to anyone with two feet and a sense of adventure in the city, the feeling of photosynthesis burning through closed eyelids pointed directly up and into the light. Already feels like a good one in the works.
More from Inverted Soapbox
- Just shut up and turn 30 already
- Frank Sinatra has a kale salad
- The current state of Williamsburg, in four easy posts
- Are you the Calvin and Hobbes generation?
- Declaring birthday bankruptcy
- Til death do us pun
- The addictions I have had or sorta almost had
- How is divorce still a thing?
- Favorite bro from last night’s RNC
- Extry, extry: The Daily News does 404 right
- Free idea for Netflix: Shuffle button
- Things that are better than episode recaps