Did you catch Splitsider’s Classic Simpsons Week series? If so, you missed some great content that peered into the nuclei of creativity that led to one of the cleverest and funniest programming eras in the entire history of television. In addition to interviews with former writers and producers of the show, the series included this video, featuring every commercial that ran during the first Simpsons episode premier in December, 1989 (in Rhode Island, at least). And since it was a Christmas episode, we get some great holiday themed merchandising too (topical!).
More from Inverted Soapbox
- Just shut up and turn 30 already
- Frank Sinatra has a kale salad
- The current state of Williamsburg, in four easy posts
- Are you the Calvin and Hobbes generation?
- Declaring birthday bankruptcy
- Til death do us pun
- The addictions I have had or sorta almost had
- How is divorce still a thing?
- Favorite bro from last night’s RNC
- Extry, extry: The Daily News does 404 right
- Free idea for Netflix: Shuffle button
- Things that are better than episode recaps